Many of us know that having an account with USPS is beneficial to our daily lives for package transfer. But they cannot differentiate between USPS Business Account Vs Personal.
There are so many features included with business or personal accounts. That’s why those who use USPS’s package shipping service for e-commerce purposes need to have a different account than others.
Are you confused about the primary differences between business and personal accounts of USPS? Okay, let’s discuss in detail about these two different types of accounts of USPS.
Basic Differences of USPS Business Account Vs Personal
The very large companies need to create a business account for the USPS package shipping service. On the contrary, you can go with a personal account if you want to ship your packages for personal purposes.
What Is USPS Business Account?
Typically, large e-commerce companies need a business account to ship bulk packages at a time- generally, USPS charge lower rates for bulk shipping services.
You can enjoy so much beneficial service for this volume mailing services. Besides the other facilities, one can enjoy the following services also-
- Print labels and tracking.
- Get schedule pick-ups.
- Get targeted advertising campaigns.
- Check the marketing insights and get tips from this service.
Hence you can get several exceptional value-added services through the business account. You can track your facilities from anywhere you go. However, you can change the shipping location wherever you want as your need.
Then the extra facility you will get through this business account to plan and execute your marketing insights to target the potential customers.
You can create labels quickly with this business account and can schedule the doorstep delivery. Moreover, with all the services of USPS you will get through online services, you will not have to be bothered about the huge paperwork.
Ultimately the USPS business account is the only way to communicate to the customer without any hassle, which adds extra value to your business.
USPS Business Account vs Personal Account for small businesses
Choosing between a USPS Business Account and a Personal Account can significantly impact how small businesses manage their shipping needs. A USPS Business Account is tailored to meet the shipping demands of small businesses.
It offers features such as bulk shipping, discounted rates for higher shipping volumes, and access to tools like address verification and tracking. This type of account is suitable for businesses sending numerous packages regularly.
It allows for streamlined management of shipping operations, cost savings, and enhanced tracking and reporting capabilities. On the other hand, a Personal Account is geared more toward individual customers who occasionally use USPS services.
It provides the basics for sending letters and small packages without the additional features that businesses might require. While it’s simpler to set up and use, it lacks the customization and efficiency features that a business account provides.
For small businesses, a USPS Business Account is often more beneficial. It supports higher shipping volumes, offers cost-effective solutions, and provides tools to manage shipments efficiently. However, for those with sporadic shipping needs, a Personal Account might suffice.
It’s essential for small business owners to evaluate their shipping frequency, volume, and specific requirements when choosing between these two account types to ensure they get the most value and efficiency from their USPS interactions.
How to open a USPS Business Account
Opening a USPS Business Account can provide your business with valuable shipping benefits and tools. Here’s a simple guide on how to do it:
- Go to the official USPS website and navigate to the section for business accounts. You’ll find information and a link to start the application process.
- Select the type of business account that suits your needs. USPS offers various options based on the size and frequency of your shipments.
- Fill out the application form with your business details, including name, address, contact information, and Tax Identification Number (TIN) or Employer Identification Number (EIN).
- Specify your shipping preferences, such as the type of services you’ll frequently use and the volume of packages you expect to send.
- Review your application for accuracy and completeness. Make sure all details are correct before submitting.
- Submit your application electronically through the USPS website.
- USPS will review your application. If approved, you’ll receive your USPS Business Account information via email.
- Use the provided information to log in to your USPS Business Account. From there, you can access discounted rates, shipping tools, tracking options, and other features to streamline your shipping operations.
Opening a USPS Business Account is a straightforward process that can offer significant benefits for your business’s shipping needs. Ensure you have all the necessary business information and take advantage of the tools available through your account to optimize your shipping processes.
Advantages of having a USPS Business Account
Having a USPS Business Account offers several advantages for businesses of all sizes. One of the most significant benefits is access to discounted shipping rates. USPS Business Account holders can save money on shipping costs, making it more cost-effective to send packages regularly.
The account provides access to shipping tools that streamline the process. You can print shipping labels, track packages, and schedule pickups online, saving time and effort. With a USPS Business Account, you can choose from various shipping services tailored to your needs, whether you’re sending small letters or larger packages.
Businesses often benefit from bulk shipping discounts. The account allows you to process multiple shipments at once, making it easier and more efficient for high-volume shipping. USPS Business Account holders can use address verification tools to ensure accurate delivery addresses, reducing the risk of returned or undeliverable packages.
The account provides access to detailed shipping reports and analytics, helping you track expenses, manage shipping patterns, and make informed decisions. You can link various payment methods to your account, offering flexibility in how you cover shipping costs. USPS offers dedicated customer support for business account holders, assisting with any shipping-related inquiries or issues.
How to open a USPS Personal Account
Opening a USPS Personal Account is a straightforward process that allows you to manage your individual shipping needs and access USPS services. Here’s how to do it:
- Go to the official USPS website and navigate to the section for creating a personal account.
- Fill out the required information, including your name, contact details, and mailing address. This information helps USPS tailor their services to your needs.
- Choose a unique username and strong password to secure your account. This will be used to log in to your USPS Personal Account.
- Review and agree to the terms and conditions set by USPS for using their online services.
- After submitting your information, USPS might send you a verification email. Click the link in the email to confirm your account.
- Once your account is verified, use your chosen username and password to log in to your USPS Personal Account. From there, you can access various services, including tracking packages, scheduling pickups, and purchasing postage.
- You can link a payment method to your account to cover shipping costs, postage purchases, and any other USPS services you use.
Opening a USPS Personal Account allows you to manage your shipping needs conveniently. It’s particularly useful if you occasionally send letters, packages, or utilize USPS services. By creating an account, you gain access to various online tools that enhance your postal experience and help you keep track of your shipments.
Advantages of having a USPS Personal Account
Having a USPS Personal Account offers several advantages for individuals who occasionally use USPS services. With a USPS Personal Account, you can manage your postal needs online from the comfort of your home. You can track packages, schedule pickups, and purchase postage without visiting a post office.
The account provides tools to simplify shipping processes. You can print shipping labels, estimate postage costs, and even schedule package pickups, saving you time and effort. Easily save and manage recipient addresses for quicker shipping. This is especially useful for sending items to family, friends, or recurring contacts.
Stay informed about the status of your shipments with tracking and delivery notifications sent to your account. This helps you stay updated on the whereabouts of your packages. Purchase postage online, eliminating the need to visit a physical post office or use postage meters for sending letters and packages.
Your Personal Account allows you to access various USPS services, like requesting package redelivery, changing the delivery address, and more. Your account keeps a record of your past shipments, making it easier to reference information for future use. Link your preferred payment method to your account for convenient online payment of postage and shipping costs.
FAQ- Frequently Asked Questions
- How can you change your USPS account from business to personal?
First, you have to go to the Business Customer Gateway on the official website of USPS. After log in to your account, just click on your Profile and access the profile information. Then simply edit your personal information and change your password by clicking the tab ‘Edit User Profile.’
- Is it possible to delete USPS account?
You have to send an email to [email protected] requesting the authority to delete your account. But remember, you have to add relevant subjects with the email requesting to delete your account. At last, you need to mention the specific reason for account deletion.
- How do you close your post office account online?
The post office account online facility is not available totally. But if you significantly need to close your account, you have to write an application for account closing. Here, the application must hold the account holder’s signature in it.
After going through this article, you have now understood which account is suitable for business, between USPS business account vs personal.
If you are an entrepreneur and want to increase business engagement with potential customers, you should go with the business account. But if you do not need frequent shipping, then you can stay with your personal USPS account.